Day #61 - On Karmic Koalas, Polaroid Pictures, and 42.

Posted by Alex | | Posted On Saturday 31 October 2009 at 15:53

I haven't actually gotten the hang of this 'regular blogging' thing, even after years of failed attempts. I suppose it's because I never have anything to talk about. So, over a month after 42 days of not posting a thing about my dull little life, I've finally got some things to talk about: Life, the Universe, and Everything!

Let's start out right here, right now. I've upgraded from Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope to Karmic Koala, and, despite there being a few kinks that need to be ironed out at my end of the deal, there are very few qualms I have with this system. In fact, I like it so much, I thought I'd go and sit in on the new Apple Store (read: Anti-Christ) free workshop for Snow Leopard with a nice Ubuntu teeshirt on, raising my hand every so often to say "So, why is it that you're putting out Microsoft Office for Mac when you could just run the Mac version of Open Office? Why put money into the pockets of a rival, you jackasses."...followed by a forceful ejection via the glass front. In short: "Ubuntu - YES; Micro-Apple-Soft - NO!"

Moving on from that nerd fiasco to yet another: eBay! I have become addicted. Currently, I'm watching two Ukuleles and a classical guitar. Within 10 minutes of signing up, I had become the proud owner of a 2004 Polaroid ONE600, which, as good as it seemed at the time, is now a bit of a burden as Polaroid have stopped making instant film...so getting a hold of a pack of Polaroid 600/779 film is like searching for hay in a stack of needles! Still, at least I have the equipment, which can be sold as an antique in about...oh...100 years?

Regarding the rest of my short-lived life in Cardiff so far, not much interesting has happened. I've been to Exeter to visit my lovely girlfriend, and I'll be going back down tomorrow, to spend the week there, under her feet, trying to do my best to blend into the wallpaper and not get in her way while she's stressing over University. I've improved slightly at Italian, vastly at Catalan, and actually regressed with my Spanish: all in all, not-so-good, Al... But, I suppose I have the whole year to get back up to top form before going off to Spain and Italy for a year, hopefully.

In other news, it's Halloween, and I'm going to be a Hallowiener and stay cooped up indoors because I honestly don't think I can be bothered with the effort so soon before going away for a week. Honestly, I think I must be less of a student and more of a sloth.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Day #61 - On Karmic Koalas, Polaroid Pictures, and 42.

Post a Comment