Day #114: Pobl Y Gwyrdd

Posted by Alex | | Posted On Wednesday 23 December 2009 at 16:03

I've never been one to understand fully the sentiments of the average Welsh Nationalist. Admittedly, I vote Plaid Cymru with all the fervour of a Welsh Nationalist, and I vote on lines of linguistic heritage, rather than ideological bullshit about an independent Wales, devolved from the Big English Westminster system. Still, I can't help but feel a pang of Nationalistic pride when I listen to Radio Luxembourg, now dubbed Race Horses.

I know very little about this group, save that they seem to be pretty big on S4C's Bandit programme, and they seem to be a little more eclectic than your average Welsh rock outfit (see Funeral for a Friend; Lost Prophets; The Poppies; etc. for comparison). And so, two days before Christmas I say: "You know what, as much as it's silly to be patriotic because it's only dumb luck that I was born Welsh instead of Argentine, I'm proud to come from a country with such a lovely language."




Nadolig llawen, bobl y byd!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Day #114: Pobl Y Gwyrdd

Post a Comment