Day #188: Flowers of Normandy

Posted by Alex | | Posted On Monday 8 March 2010 at 22:17

I have not posted here in what seems like an age. It's only, apparently, been three weeks. I feel like it has been a lot longer than that. Surprisingly, however, there have been very few revelations or things of note going on in my mediocre life, it seems.

I have, however, taken to Icelandic. Ég er að lœra íslensku. I actually don't know what possessed me to learn this language, but, one day I was sat in my room and I thought "You know what, I'd like to learn Icelandic." I also have taken out a book on Finnish, but that looks far too difficult for words so I'm probably going to return it tomorrow along with my mountain of books on the Renaixença Catalana which I had to specially order from the Library Store facility.

Aside from pushing myself to learn new languages, I'm pretty much living the boring student life of "Get up, shower, go to lectures, come home, grab a bite to eat, go back to lectures, come home, read/work til 8, eat, sleep". I actually need to escape from here, to be honest. As the Italians say "Non vedo l'ora in cui posso andare da qui!"

However, on a positive note, I finally know where I am going in Spain should I pass this year. I get to go to sunny Lleida, or Lerida if you prefer not to be all Catalan. In fact, I don't see the difficulty in pronounciation - Lleida - "Yay-ee-da", much the same as it would be in Spanish - but our Mexican course coordinator insisted on saying "I cannot speak Catalan, so I do not even want to attempt to say it." Still, I get to go there, and will be there roughly from February of next year. HUZZAH!

And so, I'll leave it at that for now. It's not like there's anything else worth mentioning.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Day #188: Flowers of Normandy

Post a Comment