Day #19 - On Tapas and Headcolds.

Posted by Alex | | Posted On Saturday 19 September 2009 at 14:08

It's a long long way to Tipperary, and it's even longer when you've got yourself a nice headcold for company. I'm currently supping on Strepsils to ease the throat pain, drinking Chai to soothe my head and warm me up, and eating bananas so I don't irritate my already painful throat. It's a lovely way to waltz into your 20th year, it really is.

On the plus side, I've now got a book that can teach me how to cook all manners of Tapas (if I ever get the money to do so); I've got a need to play my bass and cope with the complexities of funk over the next few weeks; There's only one more week of Freshers' Fortnight left, which means it's almost time to start learning, thank God!

But the biggest plus is hooking up with the prettiest girl I know. It's one of those moments where your heart turns to jelly, and your legs go along for the ride. She's down on Wednesday, so I'm hoping to get rid of this cold just for the hugs it may afford me. After that, I've got to make sure I've got roughly £35 a month to get on the train to Exeter to see her at least once (over Christmas and Easter it'll be soooo much easier). It'll be lovely.

I'm also a little disjointed today, because I lack the mental faculties of a sober person - I blame the Strepsils personally...but who knows what it is. Either way, I don't like it - and I've yet to do any darned work! I need to start re-learning my Italian and Spanish before I get thrown in at the deep end - piedi in primo, as it were. I think a lame, early night is in order. No more boozing until next month.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Day #19 - On Tapas and Headcolds.

Post a Comment