Day #3 - On Interview Technique

Posted by Alex | | Posted On Thursday 3 September 2009 at 19:03

It's been one of those long days, and its been made even longer by the presence of a job interview. It's one of those things I always feel infinitely confident about beforehand, and surprisingly nervous about afterwards. I'd love to see myself from the other side of the table, from the side that sees my face turn that beet-red colour, and the side that watches me stammer through my answers.

Either way, I end up coming out sweatier than when I went in, wondering what in the hell I did to deserve such failure. And then I mellow out, and think "Oh well, it can't be *that* bad, can it?"

Right now, I've got at least 18 hours before I know the results of my interview, but I'm really hoping I get the job. It's 2 to 3 shifts of 5 hours each, per week, in the evenings. So, it's perfect for me; it stops me drinking and using the internet! It stops me procrastinating in the day too, because I'll have less time to do it at night!

So now, without actually knowing if I've succeeded or failed miserably, I'm going to head out to the pub and drink Sam Adams by the bottle, or maybe one of those little fruity wines they do. Who knows. Either way, I want to fall asleep tonight.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for Day #3 - On Interview Technique

Post a Comment